New loan borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling before receiving Direct Loan funds. Visit StudentLoans.gov to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and avoid delays in receiving your loan funds.
Log in to: www.studentloans.gov
You will need:
• Your Social Security Number
• First 2 letters of your last name
• Date of Birth
• 4-digit FAFSA PIN
Completing your Entrance Counseling
Select Complete Entrance Counseling
• Select Complete Entrance Counseling
• Select first option (I am an undergraduate student) then Continue
• Select South Carolina and University of South Carolina-SALK
• Begin your 16 part quiz (when you reach your confirmation page, you will have the option to begin your MPN.)
(Be sure to only Single-Click EVERYTHING! If you Double-Click SUBMIT, it will take you back to the beginning!)
Signing your Master Promissory Note (MPN)
• Select Subsidized/Unsubsidized
• Enter Personal Information
• Enter 2 References
Make sure to downsize the terms and conditions then click on SUBMIT! If you do not click submit, your promissory note will not be complete!
Log out and close both tabs!