USC Salkehatchie Admissions Requirements:
Freshman applicants must provide final copy of official high school transcripts or GED, as well as transcripts for any other academic work you have completed at another college or technical school.
Freshman applicants must submit:
1. Completed paper application or online application at www.applyweb.com/apply/uscsalk/menu.html
2. $40 nonrefundable application fee-either using a credit/debit card online, or by check or money order with a paper application. Cash payments are accepted in the admissions office.
3. Official entrance examination scores (either SAT or ACT).
4. Verifiable proof of citizenship, immunization, and residency, using forms available in the Admissions Office.
For Transfer Students:
Transfer students must have a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) in designated courses attempted and must meet freshman requirements if less than 30 semester hours have been completed. Transfer students’ performance on all science and nursing courses taken at other institutions must be reviewed upon admission.
All Lower Division nursing and science requirements must be completed before progressing to the Upper Division. Students must apply and be accepted into the Upper Division. Progression is competitive, limited to 16 , and is based on a student’s GPA in specific courses designated by the USC College of Nursing (see nursing curriculum). Once students have entered the Upper Division, they must be full-time, and the courses must be taken in sequence as indicated in the program of study.
Applicants for the Upper Division must:
1. Be admitted to the USC College of Nursing through the admissions office.
2. Have a minimum cumulative USC, collegiate summary of 3.0 in designated courses.
3. Have a “C” or better in all required courses in the nursing program.
4. Have repeated no more than one required science or nursing course.
5. Have successfully completed, or will complete at least 45 hours of the nursing curriculum by the end of the semester in which application is submitted.
6. Have completed 6 hours of required nursing and 12 hours of required science.
7. Have submitted a completed application to nursing academic program manager by the established deadline.